Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Spotted on the streets! today in Brooklyn

Some days living in NYC, you just have your head down and you're mostly focused on getting to the train/bus/taxi before it passes you by. There's a lot of rushing around. Which is unfortunate because when you slow down and have time to wander up and down the streets you discover the most wondrous and strange things. Today as I was standing on the corner I saw this cadre of grown men in boy scout uniforms...I wonder where they were going?

Next I ran across an amazing fruit and vegetable stand. The squash was wrapped up in tissue paper, and arranged in neat rows, like they were little newborn babes waiting to be plucked up by loving parents. 


Instead of garage sales, stoop sales are a very popular way to get rid of all the extra junk that's laying around your apartment. I was perusing this older chap's stoop sale goods when I ran across these beauties. Anyone need some old, outdated and useless remotes? Anyone? No? Alrighty then.

2 comments :

Caroline Armstrong said...

Well Dot, may I call you that too now? LOVE that you posed all day...you really should change your profession:)
Ans as for those adorable squash and zuchini, I wish Kroger would make their veggies look so cute!

Cindi Burger Barrett said...

Look at you posting two times in a row! LOVE IT! Lindz for Mad Men! I am fully committed. You have to be on the show.