Monday, August 9, 2010

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World


New York and my world in general has been ate up with Mad Men of late. Recently I got to fulfill my dream of being a human statue for a day outside of Radio City. A couple of days later I spent the evening posing for pictures with the majority of the tourist population at the Mad Men Season 4 premiere in Times Square. I have to say it is a bizarre feeling to either be 1) frozen, and having people take pictures of you like you are a museum exhibit 2) frozen, and having random people jump next to you, snap a picture, and run away, like you are not really real and they are posing with an actual statue but 3) I think it is even stranger still to have people show up to the Mad Men premiere dressed up in 60's attire and want to get in pictures with you, who is getting paid to be dressed up like they are. Then it's just a bunch of strangers dressed in 60's attire, and randomly in a picture together, you know?
I wish I had some examples of me in pictures with these other people who are dressed up, but alas, the only fan photo I have been able to come up with is this one:

The lovely gentleman posing for pictures with me is Josh, a fellow Southerner who just relocated to New York a couple of months ago. Josh and I decided to fulfill our duties as Mad Men human statue people we needed 1960's/alterego people. So I referred to him as Jimmy and he called me Dot all day. Apparently he is really moving up at work and I am his faithful secretary, recently having had a lobotomy and unable to charm everyone around me like I used to, but still able to type with the best of them.
Here we are being stared at by onlookers:

And HERE is a fabulous video from the premiere in Times Square that Cindi spotted with her brilliant eye in which I make a couple of cameos.
And if you haven't heard enough and I haven't completely turned you off of Mad Men for life, I have entered the Mad Men Casting Contest. There's a month of voting left and I am in the #11 spot for Women. The Top 10 move on to the final round where Matt Weiner (exec producer of the show) will pick the winner/runner-ups. So VOTE today (for me), and often!
Whew. I'm exhausted. I need to sit down.

No comments :