Thursday, March 13, 2008

Where the *&$%@ Did They Go?


I make no apologies for my nostalgia. Which is why after my last post (and my unwillingness to admit that legally I'm an adult) I thought of a few more things have just flat disappeared. These aren't in any particular order of time, nearness to my heart, or preference, I'm just wondering what where they went.

1) You Can't Do THAT On Television - Buckets of slime dropping from the sky, kids popping out of lockers, a younger less bitter Alanis Morissette. Why isn't this show on DVD and why did it even go off the air?
2) Colorforms - Somehow, putting reusable stickers on the same background board was hours of endless fun. Cheap, wholesome fun. I will gladly give my remaining 6 1/2 Garbage Pale Kid's cards to the person that finds the fascist that took Colorforms off the market and punches them in the neck.
3) Casey's Countdown - Back when pop music really used to mean something... There's nothing better than Shaggy telling you to "Keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars.
4) Music Videos - For all you whippersnappers, MTV used to actually play videos. Full videos. I know. Wacky.
5) Craig Kilborn - Mark in Old School? Hello? If you see this guy, tell him to call me. I want to know where he is and what he's doing.
6) Double Dare - There's a recurring theme here. Nickelodeon and Slime. But this was family fun. Now we're subjected to My Dad's Better Than Your Dad. Thanks Studio Execs!
7) Big Wheels - The legit Big Wheel has gone the way of the Dodo. Try to find one with a handbrake.
8) Network Sign Offs - I don't want to buy your shit from 2am til 6am if I happen to be up. Just give me an F-15 and the Star Spangled Banner. We'll call it even.
9) Tears For Fears - (Thanks to Rob for reminding me of this) A mini tour in 2007 was the last we heard of these guys after almost 20 frakkin' years! Inconceivable!
10) High Dives - Public Pools don't have 'em anymore. There's no excuse for this. Now if I wanna do something extreme, I have screw up my courage and knock off a bank.

Thoughts? Discoveries? Emotionally-charged Responses?

1 comment :

fever team said...

I can only help you with one of the things on your list...you and LIndsey will someday come to visit us in Round Rock, Texas where our original city pool has a low dive and a high dive!!!