Friday, February 1, 2008

Girlfriend in my pocket


Sometimes I wish I had a girlfriend (a friend who is a girl) to pull out of my pocket or beam onto the couch with me. Most of the time Sam and I think the same things are important, get just as excited about LOST premieres (finally!), just as upset about bad actors and unpaid writers and daft leaders, just as tickled about Dane Cook and Craig Ferguson's jokes. And there are lots of great things about living with boys, like they're really strong and can open jars and packaging. They're really good at fixing stuff that leaks or breaks, and also can kill bugs and other vermin without batting an eyelash. And boys are super talented at setting up stuff I can't live without now even though I never knew these things existed as a single person, like surround sound. It sounds like those horses/machine guns/waterfalls are really in the room with you! But every now and then, I must confess, I get really excited about ridiculous girly things, like Eva Longoria's hair is fabulous! and I've decided what shoes I'm going to wear on David Letterman! (no there's no scheduled appearance at this juncture, but it's a probable theoretical) and when I make these kinds of declarations, I usually get a "hmm," or an "ok." Not that it would make much sense for him to get excited talking about some of these topics, but I need someone to commiserate with here. A lady friend to pull out of my pocket who will also get very excited about this probable theoretical David Letterman appearance and the shoes that I will wear.

No comments :