Tuesday, October 21, 2014

McClain's One Year Monster Bash!


You guys. I am still thinking about all the fun we had last weekend, and currently sitting in a still rearranged dining room trying to think of excuses to keep it this way for the rest of the fall at least (or maybe the rest of my life).


An overcast day didn't stop us from celebrating our awesome tiny dude turning one last Saturday! We had a make your own monster hat station, and it was fun seeing the different wacky monsters kids--and adults! came up with. We also played pumpkin tic-tac-toe and pin the glasses on the mummy.

My mom busted out her amazing party chef skills and helped me with monster cookies complete with gummy eyes, monster brain jello salad, as well as some more adult offerings like a brussels sprout and candied pecan salad, and a sun-dried tomato and cheese dip with pumpkin crackers that was TO DIE.




                 


Napkins by For Your Party









                         

We did a banana cake with cream cheese icing, since McClain is such a fan of bananas, and it got rave reviews (I do not consider myself a baker at all but adding sour cream to the cake recipe, plus sticking the cake in the freezer right after taking it out of the oven made for a birthday cake I was actually happy with.)

I was super touched by all who came, including and especially my mom from Texas, dad & bro from Memphis, and friends-since-high-school-and-now-basically-sisters, Mary and Cindi, who drove a total of six hours just to come to the party, then got right back in their car as soon as the party was over. Seriously, how did I get so lucky?!









1 comment :

Cindi Burger Barrett said...

The party was amazing and I was honored to be there to celebrate McClain. Can't wait to see how he grows and who he will become. Everything was so cute and detailed. Mommy of the year!