Friday, October 10, 2014

McClain is 5 months (6 months ago...) and 10 months.



I'm horribly behind on organizing all of M's month by month photos. I was pintersnazzing earlier this week, deciding if and how I would display all these photos from the last year for his birthday, when I came to the horrible realization that I don't know where some of the months are currently located--or even if they still exist. I had a pang of guilt that I am not a good mom because I have failed at the baby month by month photos project--an important test for new moms the world over (ok maybe just in America).  I know that this is kind of irrational and not an actual problem, so I am just repeating that to myself as many times as possible. This is really kind of a great metaphor for parenthood though. As a recovering type A personality, I need frequent reminders that as much as I want to plan and have things go a certain way, I am really not in control.

Silver lining: I can really see M's personality shining through at five and ten months--seeing the pictures of him now when he was smaller and thinking "he still makes that face!" makes me feel a little less sad about all the growing he's doing...






I have had to get creative with some of the poses because he won't sit still anymore! I only got a few snaps of him on his back, and the rest of the time he was wiggling and climbing on everything. I got some cool shots out of desperation, which is another great reminder (which I need tattooed on my forehead apparently): stop being so rigid, Lindsey.


No comments :