Friday, March 7, 2014

The Adventures of Apollo & McClain: Part 1

Our nutty terrier mix, Apollo (I make sure everyone who meets him knows he was rescued from the streets of Harlem, as if this somehow explains his entire personality) is obsessed with McClain. He will run in and sit next to the crib when McClain is crying, and wedge himself under McClain's feet whenever I am feeding him. His latest antics involve licking McClain whenever I put him on the floor for tummy time (On Cindi's fabulous homemade quilt, no less!)

It starts like this:


But soon devolves into this:


Lest you think this is a super sweet interspecies moment, I will tell you that the above actually makes Apollo look a little too good. So I offer exhibit B:



McClain giggling at Apollo digging into the carpet is priceless. He seems to be cheering him on in his own, four-month-old baby way. You can almost envision the shenanigans these two are going to be getting into in a couple of years based on this interaction.

And so it begins. The faces of trouble.



2 comments :

Cindi Burger Barrett said...

Oh my goodness! I got a quilt shout-out on the blog! Ah, shucks.
I was laughing at that video. Abby and Stella would do the same thing. Stella was the one that laid by Dalton's crib and licked him all the time (once upon time when they were indoor dogs). Dalton also discovered Stella first. Love it! Apollo is one of a kind and I love how McClain is already changing so much! Adorable. I miss him.

black women dating white men said...


Good ideas! I have just seen your video on "The Adventures of Apollo & McClain: Part 1"" and found it very impressive. I must say that I look forward to see more on Adventures of Apollo & McClain. Bravo!