Friday, May 23, 2008

2,190 Days

By the time Sam and I pull out onto the highway in our UHaul next week, I will have been a Nashville, Tennessee resident for 6 years almost to the day. That's 2,190 days here or 52,560 hours. I've called Clearview Drive, Central Avenue, Brownlee, and White Brige Road home. I've had only three roommates (plus Sam). I've had four jobs but only interviewed for one of them. I've had one other job interview since I've been here and it involved getting pseudo-kidnapped and taken to Kentucky (I later turned down their offer). I've been through five cell phones. Four of them have been Nokias, and one Motorola. True Story. I've had one car totaled by a sweet lady WWII veteran, and sold another on Craig's List. I've been introduced to Korean food. I've had three dogs and two cats (some for longer than others).

I've been to seven bachelorette parties (really only two in Nashville) and three (only three?) baby showers. I've lost track of how many weddings, but I have travelled to eight different states to attend them.

I've written a feature screenplay and pitched it to a big whig. Discovered my heart swells with excitement whenever I am on set. Acted in a dozen films, ranging from 10-minute student shorts to 50 million dollar disney pictures. Done therapy with close to 50 children, and I hope helped most of them.

I've loved a lot and had my heart broken. I may have unwittingly broken a few as well. I met my husband and had a beautiful wedding. I leave this town with some friendships that have stood the test of time and are even stronger than they were six years ago. Lost some friends and don't know why.

I've learned a lot about myself and about life. I may never like olives, and I have stopped trying. I hope to never return to 9 to 5. The dentist is expensive. So is insurance. People STILL don't get how good the music in Nashville is. Some brilliant ideas that should be making someone piles of money are not, and a lot of stupid ones are making plenty of people rich.

Now that I'm re-reading this it's reminiscent of a chain letter. Which leaves me with only one way to end it....
Pass this letter on if u luv your friendz!
That's something else I've learned about myself. Always trying to make jokes when I start getting sad.
Here's to the next 2,000 days.

5 comments :

Anonymous said...

Linds....your change of address email led me back to your blog which then led me to write =) i love every word of that entry because it so well captures everything that has run through my head over the past few days...so many good memories....so much growing up....and so much more to look forward to. I love my little Brooklyn-residing Williamsons. Over and out, my friend. 2,190 days....has it really been that long? So glad you've kept count...

Gretchen said...

Even though I'm not a Nashvillian, I've loved every moment there with you and Samwise and Mary and Cindi and all the others. I loved your wedding, and I loved your Central Ave place that had so much charm. I hope your new life is just as glorious, crazy, and interesting. You are a most special person and a friend worth keeping for a million years, or at least as many minutes. Good luck up there, L-Boogie. Hugs to Sam.

William Ryan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
William Ryan said...

We will most definitely miss the two of you, but I'm glad you are New York residents now. Exciting! I'll call and let you know when we're on our way up so that Sam (ahem....YOU) can start blowing up your air mattress for us. ;)

Love and sloppy Byrd kisses...
Milners

Anonymous said...

Lindz! New York?! I just found your blog! It looks like you are doing well lil' sis!